Sunday 27 April 2014

It's all about routine!

Having Asperger's causes all sorts of problems for me, but knowing the reason behind these problems does make them easier to deal with... most of the time.

Going back to work after having 2 1/2 weeks off for Easter hit me quite hard. The change of routine again is always difficult but I think because I enjoyed the time away from work so much, going back was doubly hard.

Now add to that the upcoming change of routine at work and I'm heading for a dip mentally.

Our year 5s are off on a residential trip for a few days toward the end of next week which means I won't be doing my usual job of supporting some of the year 5s in numeracy in the mornings. Instead I'll be supporting (and possibly teaching) elsewhere. On top of that, the teacher I work with every day in literacy will also be going on the year 5 trip. She's a good friend as well as a colleague and has a good understanding of how Asperger's effects me.

Changes all round... and it's starting to get to me. My anxiety is building and today I've been feeling decidedly depressed.

I'll get through it, I have no choice. Maybe the thought of it is worse than the actual event, I'm not sure. I just wish I could duck out of life sometimes, when things become too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment